You Are Reading

Remove and Restructure

Within my initial structure for my dissertation I have drafted out a structure of  four chapters  and then an Introduction and Conclusion. Initially I have structured my dissertation in this format

Initial Structure
Introduction (500)

Digital Natives (1000)

User Generated Content (2000)

DIY Celebrity (1000)

Mediality and Media Formats (2000)

Top Down vs. Bottom Up (2000)

Conclusion (500)

Changing the structure
As I conducted the research project there was a need to change the structure and the content within chapters as the research I had conducted meant I had found out new information that I had not initially planned to.

Digital Natives
This chapter was initially about digital natives, however the research I had undertaken meant that it was also required that I talk about what it means to be creator, as a key create of being a digital native is that they are creators, therefore I wrote in detail about this aspect and entitled the chapter - Digital Natives and what it means to be a creator.

DIY Celebrity
After a tutorial with Phil we discussed that rather than to just explore the aspect of celebrity on the platform it would be more beneficial to conduct research into celebrities and entrepreneurs on the platform as this will create a debate as to why and who is using the platform and for what purposes, therefore this chapter became an extended analysis of Celebrities and Entrepreneurs on YouTube. I retitled the chapter 'Celebrities or Entrepreneurs'

Mediality and media formats
Within this chapter as a result of the research I discovered that it was not only media formats that YouTube is changing it's also that YouTube is becoming a place for curation of content. Therefore I discuss how YouTube is a service and can become a platform of enriched media that is enhanced through curation. I retitled the chapter to Mediality, Media format and content curation to reflect this. 

Top down vs bottom up
This chapter remained relatively the same as what I had initially planned to research into. 

User Generated Content
I had initially thought that it would be required that an extended discussion into user generated content would be needed for the dissertation however as I wrote my research into my dissertation it became evident that this did not need it's own chapter as it was part of a discussion that was happening throughout everything I was talking about throughout my writing, therefore I removed the need for the this chapter as it would have only duplicated content, ideas and research already discussed.

I also restructured my dissertation as a result of this new research and content to ensure that it flowed well and made sense. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved