You Are Reading

DESIGN: Guide

The Guide
There are three main aways in which users currently access new content this is through subscriptions, what's happening within there social networks and videos highlighted to watch later. I think this entire process can be unified into a single guide to allows users to access everything in one place and the vision for the guide is that it works effectively across all devices.

Wire Frames


In my specification for my design I stated that I wanted to content to control the layout and content to come before design, however using those principles within the design for the guide haven't quite worked out. The design feels extremely cluttered, content is merging into each  other and it is unclear which element navigate and which are content there is too much going on within this design. 


To help improve the contrast within this design I have added white into the layout although this has created some distinction between content and navigation the layout still feels busy and unclear. 

To help the layout feel more clear I have attempted to add small margin between content although this is more productive, it could be better. Also using profile picture over text has been more efficient in that familiarity it created for the user. 



Added some white back into this layout for potential extra content, but after thoughts make me think this is not needed! 



Within the final of this layout and page, there is clearer distinctions between individual pieces of content created through the stark white border between content which I think works well. I have also reduced the amount of content on show as it was content overload before that was making it feel busy and crowded. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved