You Are Reading

DESIGN: Live Guide

At this stage that the main design principles had been consider it was more about tweaking layout and colour within an individual section of the site design. For the live guide I first started working with a light grey however I don't think work as there was no distinction between this secondary navigation and the main navigation.


Whilst in the design process, I added some new features to this aspect of the site and added options to look a live content happening in the future and the ability to keep a schedule of upcoming live content. I switched to darker grey palette which unified this secondary navigation. 


I experimented with using both light and dark backgrounds for this sections, I felt that it could be beneficial to give this section a grey background in opposition to the rest of the site so that it felt different from the guide and it was clear that the user was looking at live content however overall I felt it was too heavy.




The final design for the Live Guide and the viewing of a live stream. Clear distinctions are drawn between primary and secondary content/navigation areas with use of dark grey to contrast with stark white. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved